Sunday, September 16, 2007

"P" is for POOP

I heard some rustling upstairs so I went to check on Cade who had been taking his afternoon nap. I just finished up cleaning the house for the day and I was ready to just relax for a bit. I opened the door to find Cade on the floor by his bed with a bunch of wipes strewn out all over. At first I though he had just pulled all of the wipes out of the container and thrown them all over. He'd done this before so I was about to scold him. I then noticed that he didn't have his shorts on and all I could see was bare skin. As I told him to stand up I started taking in the rest of the scene. There were brown smears painted across the wall by his bed. His sheets and pillow were also colored in the same brown starting in the middle all the way to the end where he had scooted off. The carpet was also spotted with brown where he sat. I followed the brown speckled trail to his dresser and pulled it open to find the source. A poopy diaper was inside the drawer with most of the clumps around the drawer rather than in the diaper. Well, I yelled and he cried which I feel bad about because he was just trying to change his own diaper and clean himself up. Kaia started crying probably in response to all the noise. Luckily frustration beyond the point of words set in so all I could do was put him in the bath and start in on the mess. Emotions kicked back in and I called Rob in hysterics telling him what happened. He was helping his cousins move and offered to come home to help but I told him to stay. Within what seemed like just a few minutes, the door bell was ringing and my mother-in-law, Brooke (the cousin that was moving), and Kelly my sister-in-law were at the door. Word had spread and they were there to help me clean up. I had it mostly under control but I was grateful to them for rushing over, helping finish clean up, and helping with the kids. So I wanted to say a special THANK YOU to them for coming to my aid, and to Rob for looking out for me by sending reinforcements to help (and probably to make sure I didn't kill our son)I guess I should also thank Cade for giving me lessons in patience and unconditional love. :)

9 comments:

Tiff said...

That is gross, but actually kind of funny! At least funny to me cuz I didn't have to clean it up... I think someone might be ready to be potty trained a little. But are mom and dad ready for the act of patience! Sorry J!

hknight said...

I have had expierences like that. They tend to be on a day when you're to tired to deal with it, I'm sure some day you'll find it funny! You're lucky for your good family to come with backup support. I love your new blog it's very cute! ~Heather

Court and Britt said...

that is a great story, it is not funny when it is happening to you, but at least you will be able to laugh about it later on!! I haven't cleaned up anything that bad, yet, but Alexis did poop in a pool this summer (& it wasn't just one peice, if you know what I mean)and shut it down for a day, it was NOT cool!!

Ashley said...

Wow! Wow! You are a trooper! And Cade - one of a kind - way to go! I am glad you got some back up too. That will be a good story to hold on to for future leverage! :)

Jodi said...

I am so sorry Janei'a! I guess you have to give Cade credit for trying! Poor little guy!

lramey said...

i would've sworn alot...and cried alot...and sworn some more, then I would've put the children up for sale. Of course I'd have taken it all back in a few hours....good thing we have our kids to teach- or in my kids try to teach- us patience. I've never had the poop experience by my own kids, just from dearest Ethan----that was a funny day! We'll laugh about it soon I'm sure!

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

HELLO!!!! Haha, J, that is too funny. I guess this what i have to look forward too one day. I just can't help feel a little bad for the little guy b/c he is just so cute. XOXO!!!

Matt, Meggan & Ty said...

Your blog is so cute!! What site do you go to to get that scrapbook look? Those pics of Kaia are so precious...what an angel! I hope I have a girl someday! I told Matt about the Poop story...he thought it was so funny! Boys will be boys!

Newmans said...

I couldn't help but laugh when I read that story - sorry, hope you can laugh about it soon too! That will be a great story to tell his girlfriends when he's old enough to date!!