
It's becoming a tradition to go to Palm Springs every year and go the the Pacific Life Open tennis tournament. Rob's dad coaches the Timpview High School boys tennis team and Rob and his brother are assistant coaches. So they take the boys down to the tournament every year, and the wives join in on the fun! I love watching tennis just about as much as I love playing it. This vacation is practically all tennis day and night. (Well almost- Rob gets wiped out and doesn't like to do both day and night sessions, but I do so we're going to have to come up with some adjustments for next year)The girls did take a night to go to the amazing outlets. (Which one night was not near enough time so again more adjusting for next year) So with no kids, tennis all day, throw in some shopping and lounge around time, it's the perfect mini vacation getaway!!
Me and Rob at the tournament
Kaia stayed with my parents but the last day we had her back and took her to the tournament. We luckily found a little spot with shade in the stadium and occupied her with food and the contents of my purse so she would be quiet.
She's in a little tennis outfit courtesy of her aunt Brooke.
Cade stayed with his cousin Jaxson while were away and had a blast. They're best little buds. He keeps asking if he can go back and have a sleepover at Jaxson's house.

They took Cade to see the Horton Hears a Who movie. It was his first movie in the theatre! So of course I had them take a pic to mark the occasion.

Then they treated him to ice cream after.



18 comments:
Sounds like fun! I'm glad you guys got to get away for a bit, it sounds like it was good for you and the kids!
So cute!! We definitely will have to get together for some Tuscan BBQ's! Your kids are so adorable!
I love the Pacific Life Open. It looks like you guys had so much fun! Cade and Jaxson are so cute!
Finally a new post! :) I love Kaia's tennis outfit-she's adorable! So fun!!
I am glad you were able to get away and have fun before you had to come back to the Enrichment Birthday Party stress! Whew! Glad that's over!! We did it!!
donnell
so what you're saying is i have to sneak into your house, and kidnap you in the middle of the night to "make" you come????? c'mon woman! grow some! you will have regretted all the times you've missed i promise!!! and no you cannot play tennis with us cuz you will kick our hineys! j/k- i actually could fall in love with tennis if i could get some lessons!
your pics are sooooooo cute! i love the one of cade watching the movie! So nice brooke and justin will watch him!!!!! and kaia's just the darling girl!!! i love her tennis garb!
That's what I need, a mini vacation just to get away from all this bad weather! Looks like you guys had fun!
Aren't vacations without kids the best, I mean we love them but really it's just not a real vacation when you have to haul them around everywhere. Gosh I sound like such a mean mom, but you know what I mean.
i love it! looks like you guys had a blast. You're kids are adorable by the way. SO SO cute- thats no suprise though. ;) xoxox
oh. P.S. I LOVE your family pic on the top!!
maybe we can find you something that will make them grow faster!:0
then you won't miss out on any more fun!!!
The picture of Cade is so cute at the movies! Look how into it he is! Kaia looks so cute in her little tennis outfit and hat, im so glad that she was dressed for the occasion!
What a fun trip!! Kaia is so cute!! Love the way your nephew spells his name (Jaxson) that is the way we spell our little guys name too!!
You have a gorgeous family!
I do make custom boards...let me know the colors and size and I'd be happy to make one!
Janeia, it's Amelia from Nursing school! I found your blog through Adrienne's and I am so happy I did because I wanted to see your little girl! I can't believe it has been almost a year since graduation. Your kids are darling and have the most incredible eyes! I hope all is well. I am up in Canada still freezing, but we will be coming to Utah in May to hopefully thaw and catch up with the ol' US of A! You look great and happy!
i'm glad the outfit fit! What a perfect event to wear it to! Sounds like you guys had fun!
I love kaia's tennis outfit. She is so stinkin' adorable. I love that you took a pic in the movie theater! Cade looks like he is in heaven! What a fun trip! We really do need to get together soon... for real.
wow Cade is such a grown up little boy!! I miss your little ones so much, and I'm anxious to get to know Kaia better
Post a Comment