Monday, April 14, 2008

Mission Organization

Up to this point we held all our toys in and around this bucket that was overflowing in our basement. I was looking for the perfect toy organizer that was modern and sleek and would "look good" in our house. I finally broke down and bought this primary colors toy organizer that I've been resisting(due to the primary colors and unaesthetically pleasing shape) But I love it!! It's nice because it's tilted so you can see the toys without pulling or dumping it out. I really wish I had taken a before picture of our basement but I didn't. Basically every inch of floor was constantly covered in toys. And a huge love sack took up a 1/3 of his playing area. So we finally moved the love sack up to the loft and organized all the toys. Such a difference!(I'm a nerd but I love organizing things)










(The first day Cade did dump out all of the toys and carried the bins around and I kind of flipped. But we taught him to take out one at a time and promised we would get "play" bins for him. He loves containers!)

3 comments:

Nicolle said...

Um who knew that your basement was so BIG! WOW that looks so good and there is so much room now! Good job!

Tiff said...

Wow that looks incrediable! Rob told me about Cade playing with the bins. He is so funny!!

Scott and Jillian said...

You're not a dork..there is definitely a happy place in my heart when the toys are all in their little bins!

And I love that rug from IKEA. You just throw it in the washer & voila! All clean!

How are you guys doing? Your kiddos are getting so big. Have a wonderful day.