Monday, April 14, 2008

Easter Weekend

I had an interesting Easter weekend this year. It started off by me NOT taking my kids to an Easter egg hunt my friends were doing at a park. They even had a special appearance by the Easter bunny. Unfortunately it took place during my tennis workout so I opted to go to that instead of taking my kids. I'm bad I know, but I figured Kaia is too young and I was going to do one for Cade on my own with Rob. So later on that day I went shopping for Easter clothes with my sister in law. Children's Place was out of the ties I wanted for Cade and I didn't really see anything that I had to have for Kaia. So Cade got no new church clothes and I had a spring skirt for Kaia that she hadn't worn yet. So I just went with that figuring I could get away with no Easter dress this year since she was still little. Saturday rolls around and I find out that I'm being released from the Relief Society Presidency and that a new Presidency will be called on Sunday. Suprised and sad. Then around 2am Sunday morning I wake up and throw up. I continue to throw up, fall asleep, wake up 10 minutes later and throw up more for the rest of the night. Sunday morning I can't get out of bed, so I don't go to church and miss being released and the last Sunday of my calling. I kept Rob up all night so he was exhausted and just went to church to teach Sunday School. He took Cade who was thrown in some church clothes and probably looked like an orphan child. The poor kids didn't even get their Easter egg hunt or their baskets packed- I just put everything on the couch in piles for them to "find". Even more sad that Cade was with me when I bought his pajamas and his 101 Dalmation movie for his basket and told him that the Easter bunny was going to come take it from mommy and put it in his basket for him. All I can say to myself is better luck next year!! Thank goodness Easter is really about our Savior and the Atonement and Resurrection. I'm really grateful for the gospel and the blessings in my life.


What I wanted my kids to look like on Easter. (Got Cade a tie online after Easter and Kaia in her skirt- she had a white sweater but it was dirty on this day)


The kids in the jammies they got in their piles

10 comments:

Cherise said...

They are so young, they will totally forget. I actually buy my boys their easter clothes after easter each year... and I get amazing deals. We have a children's place outlet here and I get stuff for .99-3.99 -hey, whatever works right?

Ange said...

Love the organization pictures! much better!! And your kids look so cute in their easter attire! :)

Brooke said...

Janei'a the kids are getting so big! We have to see Kaia soon! They look darling too by the way! I am so sorry you were sick! That is awful. Excited you guys are coming soon!

CandraWynne said...

Kaia is getting so big!! They look so cute in their easter outfits. Don't feel too bad I didn't get any good pictures of McKayla on easter because she would not cooperate. She had her own agenda that day. Thanks for the update its fun to watch kade and kaia grow up :)

Tiff said...

Wow look at you blogging so much! Hopefully Easter turns out better next year. That worst part is that you were sick. That sucks! Kaia looks so big in those pictures!

♥Stef said...

Ok these blogs are so great. You really get to know each other better! Your kids are so cute. We don't get to see them enough. I'll bet you are having fun with Kaia, girls are so different, have you noticed??? Hope to see you all soon.
Cousin Stephanie Richards

Jodi said...

That is a pretty depressing story Janei'a! I am sorry that is was a bad Easter. But, they looked so cute in their post-Easter outfits! Kaia is huge and adorable- I love her!

Kelly said...

I love their little jammies!!! What a stinkie Easter...but I'm glad all is well now!

Court and Britt said...

cute kiddies!! you always dress them darling:)

Maughan"sters" said...

where do you get your cute blog template?