Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Days

Thanks to daylight savings my kids are awake by 7am and still going strong by 9pm. So to pass the time during the long summer days we've been trying to stay active and busy. (i.e. entertained) Here's what my kids have been up to...

PLAYING AT THE PARK

Kaia's first time on the swings


Loved it!















PLAYING WITH FRIENDS

Picnic in the McQueen tent with buddy Ethan


Boarders



Just chillin















GOING TO MOVIES

The Scera theater shows movies for kids in the summer. For $6.50 a person you see 11 movies and the snacks are only $0.50! Cade's been enjoying it with his cousin Jaxon and friends Ethan, Emma, Ellie, and baby Ty. So far we've seen-


If anyone else wants to come- please join us!











SWIMMING

First swim of the summer.


Sun bathing

Our pool finally opened up and it's great!! It's so nice with tons of lounge chairs, beds and canopy/cabanna things. And it has a kiddie pool!

Me and Ange

Kaia waiting to get lathered up

Cade in the kiddie pool

pretty decked out for just being in the kiddie pool

This is what Kaia does when you try and put her in the water

She's so flexible. She's going to be a dancer- she always has her legs straight and she usually has toes pointed.

We got her in and liking it one day. Do you love the floatie seats in the 1 ft of water :)

Family shot














FIRST OFFICIAL TENNIS LESSON

Rob teaching Cade and cousin Jaxon lesson 1: to drop and hit the ball (very complicated and difficult for 3 yr olds)

Confused. (like I said)

Help from Justin

Backhand (with backwards pants to go with it- at least he can get them on himself.. right?)

Ready position

Best Buds

Cade and Dad

16 comments:

hknight said...

Love all the fun pictures, you guys seem to really be enjoying summer! My favorite pics are the ones of Kia's legs spread up when you're putting her in the water!

lramey said...

wow, when you FINALLY post, you don't mess around! i kid, i kid....

your pool looks fantastic! Yes, we will come join you one day!

Kaia's HiLaRiOuS!!! What baby doesn't love a good stretch??? I love that she'd rather chill on the sides of the pool rather than in it- her and Conli will be fast friendS!!

You're beautiful- of course

I LOVE Cade playing tennis- how cute- if he can beat me by next summer, I'll be sad. But I'll take him on- I'm not scared!

Jodi said...

I love Kaia's splits! That is hilarious- she is really happy in the family pool shot too! By the way I love your swim suit- I would ask you where you got it, but let's be honest, I am not going to be sporting anything that cute this summer!

Shannon & Summer said...

Loads of fun and the summer just started! I am looking forward to more good times!

CandraWynne said...

Janei'a you have to tell me where you got Kaia'a flip flops (the one where she is on the swing). I have been looking for some for McKayla but none of them have backs and I can only imagine how much her shoes would fall off without a back to them. Glad you are having a fun summer!!

Tiff said...

Wow you are keeping busy. It looks like a fun summer already. I love all the pics. Kaia is such a character already. I love how she always puts her legs out like that. Its so cute

Ange said...

Cute post friend!! I love those pictures of Cade and Ethan having lunch in the tent, I might just need you to email those to me, and I will understand if you take forever doing it! :)
Love you!!

Brooke said...

can't wait to see those darling kids of yours! cute as ever and Kaia is just too funny!

LJAZ said...

Oh my gosh those pics of your little girl at the pool are so funny! i just died laughing! it looked like so much fun!

Aubrey said...

Great pics! I love summer. You look so buff! You go, girl. :)

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh it's Ethan!! I love that child, he was so cute!!

Look at adorable little Kaia, I can't believe how old she is looking too. And I can't agree more, that little split maneuver in the air...she is destined to be a dancer, and probably a tennis player, and a princess, and a tomboy, and a great sister...it's so hard not getting to see your little kiddies often enough!

Court and Britt said...

cute kiddies!! what a fun summer you are having. I love cade getting ready to skate board!! too cute. AND your pool looks AMAZING, I love the relaxing cabanas!!

Court and Britt said...

ps- you do look GREAT and super buff!! You are motivating me to get to the gym more!!

Annette said...

Of course I am not prejudice, but those are definitely some darling kids!! (parents too) I still love everytime we pick up Kaia and she does those splits! (Rob will figure out a way for that to benefit her in tennis you just wait and see!)

Cherise said...

Hey thanks! Yes, another boy...(I am actually excited) I think it will be fun. -and pretty much crazy. Things are going well, just hot and ready to have this baby. We spend most of our time at the water park or pool. I am sure you can relate! Your kids are very cute and getting so big. Time flys by!

Tiffy said...

Okay I must come swim at the pool! That looks like a blast! How cute are the boys boarding I love it! :)